cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use the locale flag in NILicensingCmd.exe

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello Everyone,

Hope all is well. I am trying to figure out what is the purpose and how to use the /locale flag in NILicensingCmd.exe. The documentation seems a bit confusing to me. I do not understand the argument <culture> it requires.

I was unable to find any usage examples. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,055 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author theautomator7

theautomator7,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. It appears that the description for this option in the Help is unfortunately outdated. There is no longer a "launchActivationWizard" command option. However, the /local command is only used for specifying a CultureInfo value. If one is specified in a non-silent activation command line, for a culture that NI License Manager supports, then the Licensing Wizard will be displayed with that locale. Currently supported CultureInfo values supported by NI License Manager are "en" for English, "de" for German, "fr" for French, "ja" for Japanese, "ko" for Korean and "zh-CN" for Simplified Chinese.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,016 Views)

Thank you for the clarification. When I run the following command:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\Shared\License Manager\NILicensingCmd.exe" /locale fr /activateall

The Activate Software window shows the content in English and not French. Am I missing something?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,980 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author theautomator7

My apologize for incomplete information before. The 2-letter locale only works for the command-line output itself. To change the locale for the Licensing Wizard from the command line you will need to use the region specific culture code (e.g. "fr-FR", case-insensitive). Supported options are: en-US, de-DE, fr-FR, ja-JP, ko-KR and zh-CN.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,962 Views)

Perfect. That worked. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,937 Views)