Volume License Manager and Automated Software Installation

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Floating License

Hi all,

I have a NI LabVIEW 2010 Professional Edition license. I would like to use it on other computers (only one is active at at time). So I need a floating license on our server. How can I accomplish it? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(10,303 Views)

No reply yet...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(10,292 Views)

Hi jr_ems,

There are options for "floating" licenses, but it is best to contact the NI Technical Sales force in your area about this. If you could let me know what company you are with and contact information, I can give you the contact information for the right person to talk to or have them call you, which ever is most convenient for you.

Rohama K.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(10,271 Views)

If you just need to use it as the same user, but on multiple computers, then the license should be user-based instead of computer-based. 

However, if you want multiple users to be able to use the license on several different computers, but just one session at a time - then you need what NI refers to as a concurrent license. There are multiple problems with such licenses though (as far as I've understood them, there is not much documentation available);

1. They cost about twice as much as a user-based license (!), and

2. The users do not get an extended "grace"-period for their secondary machine, so if they need to travel and have LabVIEW running on their laptops, they cannot bring the license with them...

Personally I find both of these to be show-stoppers, but the latter one is the worst of the two. If that limitation was removed, and the license cost was the same, or maybe just 10-25% above the regular licenses...I would have bought some for our company.

Message 4 of 4
(10,171 Views)