From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Volume License Manager and Automated Software Installation

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disconnected license does not recognise correct username

Hello,

I've recently had a disconnected license file created for a standalone laptop with no internet access. This file is locked the the user "nick.brown". I've tried changing the user account to nick.brown, however when I go onto the license manager it says that the file is locked to the user account "nick.brown" and that the current account is called "User".

Can anyone help me so my account name is the same as on the license?

Many thanks,

Nick.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,775 Views)

Hey Nick,

Could you consult with your VLM manager that the correct procedures were followed?

There's two knowledgebase articles on this. Do you definitely want a user based license or could you also create a computer based license? This might be a little easier or at least another method to try.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/ACC6C9CE1F2E66AA862577500078C7AB

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/3BF6EE92ADDC036C862572A300732E00

Thanks,
Justin, Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,738 Views)

Hi Justin,

Thanks for the reply. I went over the issue with our license holder/IT department and we've managed to fix it. The solution was to revert the name of the existing account to a standard admin name and create a new account with the name for the disconnected license. This seems to have done the job.

There wasnt any issue with the license file itself, just the way teh user accounts were created on the computer.

Many Thanks,

Nick Brown.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,734 Views)

Hey Nick,

Ah, good news!

I'm glad the issue was resolved anyway.

Thanks,
Justin, Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4