From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Volume License Manager and Automated Software Installation

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch Installer Builder with LabVIEW 2020 offline installers

Solved!
Go to solution

I was going to use the NI Batch Installer Builder to simplify installing LabVIEW 2020 and all the components that I require on a new machine. When I attempted 'Add Installer Copy' I get an error, "Select the root directory of a valid National Instruments installer. The directory you should select contains setup.exe.". When I look in the directory I notice that NI has changed the name of setup.exe to Install.exe. Pretty confusing to say the least. I'm running the latest version of NI Batch Installer Builder (19.0), so that's not a solution. I also tried changing the name of Install.exe to setup.exe but I get the same error. 

Any ideas on how to solve the problem?

—Ben
Prevent your computer from sleeping programmatically!
Use Power Requests
Download from GitHub

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,883 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ben_Manthey

Hi Ben,

Sorry for the confusion! NI's installer technology completely changed in 2019 to be based on NI Package Manager, so NI Batch Installer Builder is not compatible with it. The recommended replacement for building custom installers is NI Package Builder, which is also free.

This is an introduction to Package Builder, and here's where it can be downloaded.

Regards,

- Wes

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,840 Views)

Ben, FWIW, there are a few known issues with NIPB 20.6 listed here. Please be aware of issue 1436537 that can occur when installing a subset of products included in a "suite" installer built by NIPB.

Scott Richardson
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,811 Views)