From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Volume License Manager and Automated Software Installation

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic update of agreement prior to release of new software?

Whenever a new version of LabVIEW comes out we download the installers, create a volume installer...and run into the same issue as always; the volume license agreement needs to be updated to the latest version as well to allow for the new version.

I would think that the fact that the volume license itself is still valid another half year should be enough, but it is not - and the process to get it updated seems to be either to wait for a new agreement to be sent by NI long after the actual release of the software that needs it (why not at the same time, or before?) - or manually asking for an update....

Has anyone found a smoother way to do this, or know if the process is going to be improved (perhaps with the subscription model, although I really hope that route is dropped..?)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,696 Views)

Hi Mads Toppe,

The license is not flexible for updating when a new version of LabVIEW comes out. You can check it from here. For every new version, you need a new agreement. My suggestion is to contact NI technical support.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,646 Views)