Volume License Manager and Automated Software Installation

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activate Products using Activations codes command line

Hello Everyone,

Hope all is well. I am trying to figure out if there is any way to activate NI products using activation codes from the command line.

I looked at NILicensingCmd.exe and I only see an option to activate using the serial number which requires an Internet connection. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,831 Views)

May get 45 days activation code for educational lab view.

thanks

Martin k

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,539 Views)

@theautomator7 - Try to use the activation on the command line, in place of a serial number. This is not an officially supported use-case, but some customers have had success with it. To be clear, there is no officially supported way to activate using an activation code via the command line. The closest would be in an offline case (i.e. no internet to the client/customer machine), License Manager's Licensing Wizard, e.g. from product launch, will prompt for an activation code, as any other activation method requires an internet connection.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,516 Views)

@kyam076 - If you are looking specifically for an activation code for the extended trial, rather than a serial number for full activation, and either don't want to or can't activate the extended trial through License Manager's Licensing Wizard, e.g. launch LabVIEW, then please go to ni.com/activate and fill out the form in order to get an activation code that can be used in offline cases.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,514 Views)