From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Vision Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0 Kudos
Jeff_Spaulding

get camera extra information from image

This is now available in Vision Builder AI2015. Thanks for the suggestion.

Is there a way to "get camera extra information from image" when I'm using the Simulate Acquisition step?  It seems like if the information is in the image it should be gettable from either the Acquire Image or Simulate Acquisition step.

6 Comments
Brad
Active Participant

The Acquire Image (1394, GigE, or USB) step in VBAI has this capability on the first tab with the "Get camera extra information from image" control. If the camera supports chunk data you can also enable additional information to be added to the image and the step will return this as results of the step. If this doesn't meet your need, please include more info about your use case.

Thanks,

Brad

Jeff_Spaulding

Brad, I know the "Acquire Image (1394, GigE, or USB)" step in VBAI has this capability.  But what I'm looking for is the"Simulate Acquisition" step to have this capability.  If there is chunk data embedded in the image file, then I'd like to be able to view it when I'm reading the image file from disk.

regards,

Jeff

Brad
Active Participant

Makes sense, just wanted to make sure you knew about the existing feature in the acquisition step. We'll evaluate this feature request and keep you updated.

Thanks for the additional information,

Brad

Brad
Active Participant
Status changed to: Under Consideration

If the Simulate Acquisition step would log any extra info in PNGs as a result of the step, would this meet your needs? This would only apply to PNGs, so I wanted to make sure this was what you were expecting.

Thanks,

Brad

Brad
Active Participant
Status changed to: In Development

Brad
Active Participant
Status changed to: Completed

This is now available in Vision Builder AI2015. Thanks for the suggestion.