Vision Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hatef.fouladi

enough description for IMAQ Particle Filter input control and other similar data

there are some vi in vision toolkit that their controls have not any useful information in labview help for user  so many ability of these vi are not discovered by LV user like  me 
for example IMAQ Particle Filter have input control with name of  selection value  inside this cluster we have item with name of Measurement Parameter  that have many mode to select but no detail information for them to know what kind of ability they have 
I think in next version of this toolkit it should be release  with enough information about these controls of  such vis
help.png

8 Comments
udka
Active Participant

Sorry that you were not able to get the information. It is clearly documented and bundled along with vision development module. It is called NI Vision Concepts Help

-All the Particle measurements are listed here: https://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370281AC-01/nivisionconcepts/particle_measurements/

-You should be able to find a local copy of same in your PC according the version of Vision development module you have: C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\Vision\Help

Thanks
uday
Hatef.fouladi
Active Participant

Hi  udka
thank you for your answer it seem NI solve this problem for 2016 version  I use 2014 and as I know there isnt any document for this version and also lower version about this  
do you have any document in 2014 and lower version for this problem ?!

udka
Active Participant

Did you check in your PC in the path I mentioned?

- Since you asked here it is http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/372916P-01/

P.s. Since it is not a idea and merely a question about where to find info I think you may ask moderator to move to machine vision board.

Thanks
uday
Hatef.fouladi
Active Participant

as I mentioned before I use 2014 version   and in this version and also lower version  there is nothing about that 
I check my friend LV who use 2015 and find out that  NI fix this problem after 2015 version 
so my idea indeed  is an absolute idea for new versions ( adding help manual that explain concept behind some vi controls in vision toolkit  ) complete  but this problem still remain for version lower than 2014 and should be fix
check this image 
idea.png

udka
Active Participant

Hello, We can go round about telling the same thing.

- "I think in next version of this toolkit it should be release  with enough information about these controls of  such vis" -In the idea you posted LabVIEW 2015 version image.

- I gave the link to the latest version giving idea that the help file exists and gives the help.

-"Hi  udka
thank you for your answer it seem NI solve this problem for 2016 version", and then "I check my friend LV who use 2015 and find out that  NI fix this problem after 2015 version" -  

- Did you check the Note in the link which i added

Applicaable to 2010-2014.png

-Did you check what is there in Documentation folder for 2014? The change was from 2015 it is in Help folder earlier in Documentation folder.

Thanks
uday
Hatef.fouladi
Active Participant

what I could told that is
anytime I search for this help  I found nothing just this page for help 
this
and just recently I find the link that you mentioned  ?!
that is wired and i think some body from Ni site manager group  should answer why this  link is empty and when they add these document to help and in other link not in this link  !?
anyway  in my  LV version (2014) there is no help documentation for this and  i think this link  recently was added to site !?

udka
Active Participant

Hello I am really sorry and why you are so much insisting on NI site manager help.

- the link which you sent is overview of particle measurements : 

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/372916P-01/nivisionconcepts/particle_measurements_overview/

Just remove the overview part and see you should be able to see the detailed help : http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/372916P-01/nivisionconcepts/particle_measurements/

Thanks
uday
Hatef.fouladi
Active Participant

I just want to knowwhy there is no such help in my LV 2014 version manual ?!
hope some body have answer about that 
but any way I think this peroblem is now solved
and it is important thing to care about that