From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Vision Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wkeifenheim

Update VBAI APIs

VBAI 2015 f3 now has the requested .NET functions added. We still do not have 64-bit support, but this would require VDM to support 64-bit .NET first, so please file a separate Idea Request for this if this is still needed.

Thanks for the feedback!

Hello,

The updates I'd like to see boil down to the following:

1. Parity between the C and .NET APIs.  There are methods available in the C API that did not make it to the .NET offering most importantly the ability to set VBAI parameters at runtime.

2. 64bit DLLs.

I've been using VBAI through the .NET API in production for about a year now, the above requests would make future expansion much easier.

Thanks for the consideration.

3 Comments
Brad
Active Participant
Status changed to: New

Great idea. I am hoping an upcoming release will have 64-bit C support as well as the Set Variable feature for dotNET. I will keep you posted if I'm able to get this feature completed.

Thanks,

Brad

Brad
Active Participant
Status changed to: In Development

Brad
Active Participant
Status changed to: Completed

VBAI 2015 f3 now has the requested .NET functions added. We still do not have 64-bit support, but this would require VDM to support 64-bit .NET first, so please file a separate Idea Request for this if this is still needed.

Thanks for the feedback!