Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0 Kudos
varga.sm

Improved Histogram tool options

this feature was added in VBAI 2018

VBAI

Histogram head / tail by percent

Currently the pixel counter returns the % of the histogram which is above/below a gray value but this tool would do the reverse:  return the gray value of an ROI which is at the x% of a histogram.  In addition to % head/tail, it would be very helpful to have an optional check box (disabled for speed when you don’t need it) to return other common distribution stats such as # of modes, normality test, skew, etc.

6 Comments
Brad
Active Participant
Status changed to: Under Review

Brad
Active Participant
Status changed to: In Development

In VBAI 2018, we added a lower and upper percentile value that can be based on previous measurements and the step will return 2 new results: Intensity at Lower Percentile and Intensity at Upper Percentile. By default the lower/upper percentile is 0%, so the Intensity at Lower/Upper Percentile will be the same as the Minimum/Maximum Intensity, but specifying values greater than 0, will accomplish what you are asking for.

KEERTHBIO

Dear Sir,

I am trying to analyse Histogram of a 16-Bit Monochrome image. Here when plot the Histogram of this image. I am not able to see the X Scale which represents Pixel Value is not correctly scaled (i.e) It must be 65536 but it is continuously varying, even if I remove auto scale and give fixed values as Minimum = 0 and Max = 65536 in properties of the Histogram its not fixed, and the histogram is not ploted in the correct pixel value. I verified this using Mango software which is an image analysis software, in that software the Histogram was plotted perfectly. Could someone please do guide me on how to achieve the perfect fixed X scale. I have posted images of both Mango and LabVIEW results in which same image is taken for experiment.LabVIEW BlockLabVIEW BlockLabVIEW Histogram OutputLabVIEW Histogram OutputHistogram after changning the X-Scale valuesHistogram after changning the X-Scale valuesMango SoftwareMango SoftwareHISTOGRAM-2.PNGScaled Histogram.PNGHISTOGRAM -1.PNG

KEERTHBIO

Dear Sir,
     I am working with 16-Bit Monochrome image.When i plot Histogram the pixel value is not properly
ploted in X-axis of the histogram and it keeps varying, with out being constant at 65536. I removed auto scale and check and i also gave constant values in the X-Scale properties. still it varies. I tried to plot the same histogram in MANGO SOFTWARE, in that the histogram is getting plotted perfectly. Could someone help me achieve this in labview.LabVIEW BlockLabVIEW BlockLabVIEW HistogramLabVIEW HistogramMango HistogramMango Histogram

Brad
Active Participant

Please post this support request in the Machine Vision Support Forum:

https://forums.ni.com/t5/Machine-Vision/bd-p/200

Include the VI and sample image to make it even easier to help you.

Thanks,

Brad 

Brad
Active Participant
Status changed to: Completed

this feature was added in VBAI 2018