Vision Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JustMyName

Image processing in NI myrio FPGA

I am using NI Myrio FPGA to do image processing. With the help of NI Vision Assistant 2014, i am able to get the image from usb webcam. I want to use FPGA to convert the image to HSV. However the functions provided in NI Vision Assistant only allow me to get either H, S, or V image at once.

In order to solve it, i try to create one more FIFO to store the image. Here is my FPGA coding.

fpga code.jpg

However, I do not know how to access these FIFO. Here is Labview coding.

code 1.jpg

code 2.jpg

All these coding are actually generated by NI Vision Assistant and i cant find where can specify which FIFO i am accessing. Any can help me?

4 Comments
ChristopheC
Active Participant

I would recommend posting that question in the machine forum question instead.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/Machine-Vision/bd-p/200

Instead of using Vision Assistant to do the conversion, just use IMAQ FPGA Cast.vi to convert the acquire RGB pixel bus to HSL. You will then only need to use one FIFO to transfer the HSL image back to the host.

Let me know if there is enough info for you to implement it or if you need a small example.

Thanks.

Christophe

JustMyName

Hi ChristopheC, thanks for your recommendation. I am actually quite new in both FPGA as well as labview. Can u show me some examples if u free to do so?  Thanks in advance.

JustMyName

Hi, ChristopheC. I would like to try your suggestion but then i got this error during deployment.

Deploying NI_VDM_FPGA_Basics.lvlib:IMAQ FPGA Image Transfer from Target U8.viNI_VDM_FPGA_Basics.lvlib:IMAQ FPGA Image Transfer from Target U8.vi loaded with errors on the target and was closed.
LabVIEW: (Hex 0x627) The function name for the nivissvc.*:LV_CopyEDVRToImage:C node cannot be found in the library. To correct this error, right-click the Call Library Function Node and select Configure from the shortcut menu. Then choose the correct function name.
Deployment completed with errors.

I searched the internet and found that seem like only reinstalling windows will solve the problem. So, you do not need to post example for me. thanks for your help. 

ChristopheC
Active Participant

I filed Corrective Action Request 568015 to address this feature in a future release.