From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Vision Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Telecentric

Ability to display more than two places past the decimal in Vision Builder!

Vision Builder AI 2019 added additional decimal places for the following steps since these were the only ones that could have pixel/real world distances in the Limits of the step:

Find Straight Edge

Find Circular Edge

Caliper

Max Caliper

Thanks for the feedback.

Problem Description :
I am unable to enter more than two places past the decimal when entering in
tolerance into the pass inspection if.....
is there an update that can fix this issue? I believe this has never been addressed in any of the new
versions of VB. I can hold micron tolerances but cant do any pass fail because
when i put the numbers in they round up or down. they may be going in but i
cant see them and therefor cant refer back to what was put in because they do
not show past the 2nd decimal place. 

7 Comments
Telecentric

I agree with this and have also made this request many times. I do not understand why NI wont make this update to the software. This has become a sticky point with my customers who purchase my equipment.

varga.sm

Though you could make a calculator step to determine the pass/fail for every too, this seems rather complicated especially when you have the "calibrated" value right there anyways.

All of these pass/fail criteria should be able to use previous results as well.  Static fields mean we can't connect these with variables (or recipes) without going through calculator steps.

Brad
Active Participant
Status changed to: Under Consideration

I agree this would be a very helpful update. I will add this to our list of features to consider for VBAI 2019. Thanks for the idea and feedback.

Brad

Telecentric

Still waiting for this update, anyone know when it is coming?

Brad
Active Participant

We are in the process of deciding features for VBAI 2019. I will let you know if this makes the cut.

Brad
Active Participant
Status changed to: In Development

We will have the following steps updated in VBAI 2019 so they display up to 6 digits of precision:

Find Straight Edge

Find Circular Edge

Caliper

Max Caliper

This should be available towards the end of this year. Hope this helps and thanks for the suggestion!

Brad

Brad
Active Participant
Status changed to: Completed

Vision Builder AI 2019 added additional decimal places for the following steps since these were the only ones that could have pixel/real world distances in the Limits of the step:

Find Straight Edge

Find Circular Edge

Caliper

Max Caliper

Thanks for the feedback.