From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VirtualBench

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPad to Virtualbench wireless connectivity issues

Solved!
Go to solution

I just recieved my Virtualbench today and attempted to hook it up to my iPad after installing the WiFi antenna and configuring it to work on my home netwok. The iPad app "sees" the VB on the network but, when the device is selected, fails to connect (it remains in a "connecting" state indefinitely, I have left this going for about fifteen minutes with no successful connection).

The firmware is up to date and my laptop connects to it via USB just fine. It also connects to my laptop wirelessly.

My iPad is an iPad Mini 3. Has anyone seen this issue, does it have something to do with the iPad app?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,649 Views)
Solution
Accepted by squelch

squelch wrote:

I just recieved my Virtualbench today and attempted to hook it up to my iPad after installing the WiFi antenna and configuring it to work on my home netwok. The iPad app "sees" the VB on the network but, when the device is selected, fails to connect (it remains in a "connecting" state indefinitely, I have left this going for about fifteen minutes with no successful connection).

The firmware is up to date and my laptop connects to it via USB just fine. It also connects to my laptop wirelessly.

My iPad is an iPad Mini 3. Has anyone seen this issue, does it have something to do with the iPad app?

I have observed this a few times, and my best hypothesis is that the iPad's WiFi service gets wedged requesting an IP address from the network router.

It sounds like you're using infrastructure mode (where your VirtualBench is connected to your exisiting wireless network, and the WiFi LED on the device is blue); is that correct? What happens if you switch modes and use the VirtualBench as an access point (with an amber WiFi LED)? Which version of iOS is only your tablet?

Here are a few other things to try:

Joe Friedchicken
NI Configuration Based Software
Get with your fellow OS users
[ Linux ] [ macOS ]
Principal Software Engineer :: Configuration Based Software
Senior Software Engineer :: Multifunction Instruments Applications Group (until May 2018)
Software Engineer :: Measurements RLP Group (until Mar 2014)
Applications Engineer :: High Speed Product Group (until Sep 2008)
Message 2 of 4
(5,628 Views)

My apologies for the very late update, being an engineering student with an infant child is all-consuming.

The winning solution to my particular problem was resetting the network connections in the iPad. For reference by other persons who might stagger into this thread from Google, the VirtualBench was broadcasting on my home WiFi (as indicated by the blue WiFi LED). I had not attempted to switch the device over to its self-broadcast mode (the "amber WiFi LED mode"), so no idea how that would have gone under the conditions.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,446 Views)

I am having a same problem with windows 10, i am using a panasonic tough book, i'm unable to connect to the virtual bench. It is asking for 8-pin password. If am keeping virtual bench as a open connection, the pc is not getting connected to it. Is there any solution...? 

Reply fast...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,866 Views)