From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VirtualBench

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virtual Bench Application won't connect to Virtual Bench but sees it

My company recently purchased several Virtual Benches model VB8054.  All seem to be working fine except for one.  The virtual bench application sees it when connected via USB but when clicking on "Use this device" it immediately returns to the device selection dialog and never starts the application.  I've tried this VB on several systems with the same symptoms.  These same systems run the other VB's without issue.  Curiously, I can manipulate this particular VB using the python code we developed but it just won't communicate with the VB application for some reason.  I've tried the factory reset as well and powered down the device as well.  This one is brand new out of the box so I'm at a loss as to where to go from here.

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,614 Views)

Hey Jim,

I can imagine that's frustrating to have trouble with that single VB-8054. Great troubleshooting. Those are all things I would have suggested to try too.

Since all of the other VirtualBenches work on your various computers and you're experiencing the same symptoms with this one VB regardless of the computer, it sounds like this specific VB may need repair.

If you call into NI Support (1-866-275-6964), we'd be happy to help you verify if this is the case. Be sure to mention the troubleshooting steps you have already tried.

Ryan B.
Technical Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,583 Views)