From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VirtualBench

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VB 8012 Doesn't Boot

Hello,

All of a sudden my VB-8012 will not power on. Nothing occurs with the power button and the Wireless LED is orange. The fan never turns on as well.

I've tried using the factory reset button, and I've checked the fuses and they show 0 Ohms as expected and look to be working.

Is there a way for me to debug further without opening the unit? Is there a USB debug interface?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,423 Views)

Have you tried leaving it unplugged for a few minutes?  I remember something similar happening to me during development of the VB-8012 and when I unplugged it and left it for our technician it turned on fine for him.  I don't remember the full details (like how long to leave it unplugged) but there's a fuse that will only clear when no power is supplied for a while and it's there in case VB-8012 was introduced to unsafe conditions to prevent damage to the device or the externally connected hardware.  I think the timeframe for it was something like 20 minutes to an hour.

Message 2 of 4
(2,406 Views)

Ah that did give it some life. I noticed it was able to boot and even enumerated on USB, however shortly after, maybe 10-15 seconds, its starts to sputter off, and comes in and out of the "off" state. I left it unplugged for a few days as well with no luck 😞 

Maybe this self reseting fuse is finally busted? 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,356 Views)

It sounds like you'll need to go through a support channel to get something repaired on the device. 😞

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,353 Views)