VirtualBench

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement VB-8012 High Speed Board

Is it possible to just buy the NI VB-8012 High Speed Board, this are what I think is the part number, 154119D-01LThere are also two barcodes with this number on it (30750EA)

I'm not sure why or how but a SMD capacitor C67 has fallen off the board and just bouncing around inside the case.

If I can't buy just the High Speed Board to replace mine, can someone tell me what the C67 cap value is so I can try replacing it?

I got a quote to repair the VB-8012 and it seems to be a flat fee of $1,200 instead of actual costs.

Thank you.
Greg

G Yotz
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,840 Views)

Good thing is that the capacitor is intact - you can measure the capacitance using a meter and get a replacement (its tricky to find out the voltage rating)

Bad thing is that the pad is torn off - whoever is going to solder the new capacitor has to find the nearest trace and do a good job of wiring it properly

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,819 Views)

Well that would have been a good idea before the capacitor got lost… 8^{

the unit has the CD-ROM connect through USB but the software doesn’t see the device.  I’m guessing the FPGA isn’t coming up.

Greg

G Yotz
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,817 Views)

Well, that is unfortunate.

I am going to assume that the C26, C40 are the same ones as the C67 by looks of it, if you are able to take them out, measure and find a replacement, it "might" work.

I don't think anyone outside NI would have the schematic to give you the exact value or part number for C67. Even within NI, they cannot share those values as those are confidential.

Your repair work is going to end up fully functional or damage the instrument further.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,814 Views)

Good idea, I'll do that.  It was a shot in the dark if I could get them to tell me so I had a voltage.

Any idea if NI will sell me just the processor board or do I have to pay the flat rate repair and send the whole unit in?

greg

G Yotz
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,810 Views)

I don't think NI will sell the processor board for you to replace yourself. The only option is to repair yourself or send it to NI for repair.

I have not heard of a case where NI was selling modules/board (other than accessories or replacements) for their instrumentation since none of these is meant to be user-serviceable.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,806 Views)