VirtualBench

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FGEN: FSCV (Fast Scan Cyclic Voltammetry) waveform (triangular with particular frequency)

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I need to generate an FSCV waveform. It is a triagular waveform with particular frequency (see attachment), so the triangular waveform does not generated right after another. I wonder how I can generate using VirtualBench. Do I have to use the arbitrary waveform? I do not have labview installed on my laptop yet. Do I need labview or is there any other option?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,198 Views)
Solution
Accepted by dopamod

dopamod,

Yes, this would require using the arbitrary waveform. I believe the easiest way to accomplish this would be to use the LabVIEW API.  However, you do have a couple of options. The first is to create a data file to use in the soft front panel. This page should be a good resource for that: https://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371526G-01/vbhelp/fgen_arb/. Alternatively, if you have access to something else that creates this particular pattern, you could also capture it on the scope, then under the 'More' section in the scope you can save it as a reference waveform and use that reference waveform with the arbitrary waveform mode on the FGEN.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,160 Views)