From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VirtualBench

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export Oscilloscope Data - 25MS/s one shot >2ms - but get only 100us exported with full resolution

I try to analyse noise and do a single shot with the oscilliscope. The GUI displays 25MS/s over a wide range of time scale settings. After aquisition in sample mode, the signal priview on top seems to have data for ~5ms. I would like to get this data exported.

The export function creates timestamps based on the selected x-Timescale. When I adjust that to 10us I get the 40us timestepping as expected for 25MS/s. But with this setting I can get only a small fraction of +/-60us exported from the system.

Attached are export data from the same sample mode single shot at 25MS/S created with different time-scale GUI settings.

Why does the display setting limit the data export like that ?

How can I get access to the full amount of data, at full resolution?

Thanks, Thomas.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,893 Views)

NI provied a demo program using  Oscilloscope function as

http://www.ni.com/example/52073/en/

I used a similar program to achive max 1MS acquisition once(with VB8012). For 25MS/s sample rate, it will last 40ms. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,500 Views)