VirtualBench

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Acquisiton

I am using NI Virtual bench for acquiring current signals. Every time I export data, only 1200 data points are saved. I tried changing Time/Div and other options too.

Is there any way to save a large amount of data? Like 100,000 data points using Vitrualbench? Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,412 Views)

@shifat046 wrote:

Every time I export data, only 1200 data points are saved. Is there any way to save a large amount of data? Like 100,000 data points using VirtualBench?

Hello again 😄

The VirtualBench application exports the data visible in the graph, and that data is typically decimated so that there is 1 sample for every pixel. This is one of the optimizations we use to maximize the scope's update rate.

To save the full acquisition, you need to use the driver API, and NI provides a sample LabVIEW program as well as a sample C program in C:\Users\Public\Documents\National Instruments\VirtualBench ANSI C Examples . For additional information on configuring a C project, see this thread.

Joe Friedchicken
NI Configuration Based Software
Get with your fellow OS users
[ Linux ] [ macOS ]
Principal Software Engineer :: Configuration Based Software
Senior Software Engineer :: Multifunction Instruments Applications Group (until May 2018)
Software Engineer :: Measurements RLP Group (until Mar 2014)
Applications Engineer :: High Speed Product Group (until Sep 2008)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,321 Views)