VirtualBench

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DC Power Supply Banana Plug Adapter

Hi everybody! This is less of a question and more just sharing a little VirtualBench accessory I designed that I've found useful. Maybe you'll find it useful too?

I use my VirtualBench at least briefly on just about every design I do, but (like quite a few others I'm sure) get bogged down by not having standard banana plugs on the VB's DC supply. I thought about it and did some shopping and sampling and figured out it wouldn't be too difficult to design a new faceplate for that portion of the VirtualBench, so that is what I did. Also added light pipes to pick up the indicators and screw-mounting so it wouldn't get pulled out if you yoink the patch cables out.

It works very well and I've found it makes me much more inclined to actually use the VB's supply, even if that is all I need. It isn't complex and you could definitely do without it, but it's very helpful. I definitely wish I hadn't waited so long to get around to this; it's been bugging me for over a year 🙂

Of course anytime you make something like this, you end up with a bunch of extra PCBs because that's just how it goes. I would normally put em in a box and forget about it, but I thought for once there might be other people who would like to have this thing, so I've made this available online basically at-cost, either as a kit with all the parts or pre-assembled. You can find it on Tindie here: https://www.tindie.com/products/SCALARElectric/dc-power-supply-banana-plug-adapter/

As a Thanksgiving gift (is that a thing?) to the forum, the first person to see this and want one can have one for free. Use code 6CAF17D for 100% off. That code is single-use, so if anyone ever redeems it, I'll try to post an update saying it's been claimed.

Message 1 of 3
(5,350 Views)

Let me be the first to say... awesome!  I'm glad you have found VirtualBench to be so useful, and it is very impressive that you have improved it even further to meet your needs!

------
Zach Hindes
NI R&D
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,293 Views)

The freebie has been freebie'd!

Congrats to JV from FL.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,274 Views)