From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VirtualBench

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automate FGEN sweep with labview, capture data with smart capture on Vbench App

My goal is to completely automate a FGEN sweep across my DUT and capture the waveforms on a .csv file. (screenshot attached)

At this point I've been able to code the FGEN sweep in a loop and either display analog waveforms on VI or save data to .csv file. However, using the write waveform to data file .vi requires entering a file name every loop iteration that save data. I want to be able to walk away from test station as my code runs. The Smart Capture feature appears to be a solution but here's what I can't figure out how to do...

The smart capture feature requires a "stable time" before taking data. The feature will auto-capture data when controlling FGEN through virtual bench interface app, but not when I run my labview code, which turns on FGEN and displays a waveform in both my vi front panel and virtual bench interface app, but the smart capture feature won't take a capture/data screenshot when my waveform stabilizes. I've even added a wait time in loop to allow waveform to stabilize and stay on displays so the smartcapture feature may record data. 

Is there a way I can call the data capture function on VitrualBench interface app through labview?

thanks for any help

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,084 Views)

Hi jld4722,

Have you taken a look at the following example?

Virtual Bench Frequency Sweep: https://forums.ni.com/t5/Example-Code/VirtualBench-Frequency-Sweep-Generator-and-Acquisition-With-th...

Combining the frequency sweep example with tunneling in order to get an array of waveforms and then looking at the resource below on writing arrays of waveforms to files could be the solution you're looking for:

Write Waveform to File: https://www.ni.com/docs/en-US/bundle/labview-api-ref/page/vi-lib/waveform/wdtfileio-llb/write-wavefo...

If you would like to see that VI used in an example, there is a shipping example in LabVIEW called "Waveform - Write Waveforms to File" which demonstrates it. Hopefully this provides some insight into possible next steps you can take.

Justin
Applications Engineer
National Instruments 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,008 Views)