VirtualBench

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automate FGEN Sweep across DUT, display in/output on MSO, and record sweep iteration data in .csv

Having issues with the example program NI has listed that describes a similar program. 

Would like to automate a FGEN sine wave sweep (500Hz to 20 MHz) , input into my DUT, then output from DUT to MSO, while also recording waveform data into a .csv file. 

Fairly new user with LabView coding, this seems simple (disappointed that Vbench is not capable out of the box to do this, although each function of my desired program can be performed individually fairly easy). 

thoughts/comments/help welcome

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,061 Views)

Hi jld4722,

Out of the box, VirtualBench will follow more of the interactive debugging use case, so exporting to .csv will just be the current data on the screen (as I'm sure you've found). To automate, we can use LabVIEW, C, or Python.

It's funny you mention this - I've been working with a Bode Analysis program lately that is based on the online example but beefed up a bit. It does not yet contain logging to file, although that would be a pretty quick addition.

I hope this examples helps! This 2-minute video also demonstrates using this same example:

Automating Measurements with LabVIEW and VirtualBench

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNSmXQuuMlA

Michael Keane
National Instruments
Message 2 of 2
(3,050 Views)