VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

variant set item property

I'm using variant set item property vi's to pass along string arrays and clusters. This worked fine in labview/veristand 2009. I have started the process of porting all code to labview/veristand 2010. The problem is that the variant set item property vi doesn't store/pass the data along. I can now use string arrays which is good but I also need to pass clusters and for that I need the variant set item property vi.

JY

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,374 Views)

Howdy,

Have you mass compiled you custom device? Can you attach a simple custom device that shows this problem?

Joshua B.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(6,360 Views)

Be careful not to mass compile the 2009 custom device builds in LabVIEW 2010.  Since the Custom Device API.lvlib is built into the LLBs, you can possibly foul up subVI linking for the custom device and even other devices that use the <vi.lib> version of the API.  I suggest that you open the LabVIEW Project in 2010 and make sure that the entire API is coming from LabVIEW2010's <vi.lib>\NI VeriStand\Custom Device API\Custom Device API.lvlib.  Once it is, rebuild the engine and configuration VIs and try again.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(6,357 Views)