From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Veristand_util.dll

Hello,

We’re using VeriStand 2011 SP1.

We are driving a test bench from .NET applications by using the VeriStand API. Because of the huge volume of data (as well configuration as result data) we have been forced to port the applications to the ‘x64’ model. Its works fine most of the time, but sometimes we have the following error: <please look at the attachement>

Looking into the stack trace I can imagine it’s because the API wants to load the ‘NIVeristand_util.dll’ and maybe this one is not in the ‘AnyCpu’ model.

I guess the error is occasional because it is involved in license checking that takes place only from time to time.

How can we get round that issue?

Best regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,014 Views)

Hello thumble,

Unfortunately this is an unmanaged, 32-bit library integrated into our product. Note that VeriStand is a 32-bit application; are you not also experiencing performance limitations during execution of your deployed system? Or is the limitation strictly with the generation of system definition files via the .NET API? I ask because I may be able to provide a workaround strictly to the licensing component of our .NET API, but not to VeriStand in general.

Nestor
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,998 Views)

Hi Nestor,

The application manages the test preparation as well as its execution and data mining. We had to go to x64 because the size of manipulated data led us to OutOfMemory issues.

The use case is as follows:

The .NET manages sets of parameters related to the tuning of the bench and/or test. These sets are related to the test that is to run. So at starting, just before deploying the nivssdf, the selected set of values is “patched” into the configuration (using the API – not patching the XML) to setup the correct initial values. These changes are applied by calling the ‘SaveSystemDefinitionFile’ method. It seems that the license check is done sometimes only in this late method.

For the moment, as our main customer doesn’t yet use the functionality, we have just inhibited this code.

Apart this point, we use widely the runtime API and the configuration API (for gathering information only), and it seems working fine in x64.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,986 Views)