From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Veristand-DAQ devices

Hi,

I am new to veristand and i tried to add a DAQ device, simulated in MAX. But no reponse of the simulated device being detected by Veristand. In short can any one help me in explaing how to add a DAQ device, simulted in MAX, to veristand and test the functionality of the DAQ. I tried simulating 6052 MIO card. So, please try explaining me with the same device.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(8,107 Views)

Are you running your configuration on a PC or on an RT Target? VeriStand 2009 only supports HW I/O such as CAN, DAQ and FPGA on RT Targets. You can configure hardware for a configuration targeted to localhost, but it will be ignored. This has nothing to do with the fact that the DAQ device is simulated.

If you simulate a DAQ device on an RT Target from MAX, then you can access it successfully from VeriStand by adding a DAQ board in System Explorer with the same device name.

The primary motivations for not having HW I/O on Windows are:

• Lack of deterministic execution: Windows is better suited for model-in-the-loop tests that don't rely on running in real-time.
  • No need to have drivers installed to run VeriStand on the host. Since we don't have HW I/O access in our PC Engine, you don't have to install CAN, DAQ and the RIO drivers just to do a model-in-the-loop test.
Jarrod S.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(8,101 Views)

Thanks Jarrod. I am running veristand in a PC and i don't have any real time targets as of now. So, my study of veristand is fully on PC alone. Jorrod, you mean to say that if a plug in a DAQ card in PC mother board's PCI slot - it cannot be accessed in veristand? 

In that alarm configuration screen, we do have a option to log alarm trips right? But where does the alarm trips get logged and what and all will be logged when a alarm trips?

I saw a file in the folder named Logs in the path

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\National Instruments\VeriStand

but in that only logging in and closing the windows are being logged.

Please help me. 

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(8,093 Views)

Hey Vino,

That is correct. The PCI DAQ card will not work with the NI VeriStand engine running on windows. If you require this functionality, a custom device can be written to enable it.

The log trips button will log the alarm and alarm time upon a trip to the  C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\National Instruments\VeriStand\Logs folder on your machine.

Take care,

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(8,041 Views)