VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Veristand-DAQ devices

Hi,

I am new to veristand and i tried to add a DAQ device, simulated in MAX. But no reponse of the simulated device being detected by Veristand. In short can any one help me in explaing how to add a DAQ device, simulted in MAX, to veristand and test the functionality of the DAQ. I tried simulating 6052 MIO card. So, please try explaining me with the same device.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(8,125 Views)

Are you running your configuration on a PC or on an RT Target? VeriStand 2009 only supports HW I/O such as CAN, DAQ and FPGA on RT Targets. You can configure hardware for a configuration targeted to localhost, but it will be ignored. This has nothing to do with the fact that the DAQ device is simulated.

If you simulate a DAQ device on an RT Target from MAX, then you can access it successfully from VeriStand by adding a DAQ board in System Explorer with the same device name.

The primary motivations for not having HW I/O on Windows are:

• Lack of deterministic execution: Windows is better suited for model-in-the-loop tests that don't rely on running in real-time.
  • No need to have drivers installed to run VeriStand on the host. Since we don't have HW I/O access in our PC Engine, you don't have to install CAN, DAQ and the RIO drivers just to do a model-in-the-loop test.
Jarrod S.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(8,119 Views)

Thanks Jarrod. I am running veristand in a PC and i don't have any real time targets as of now. So, my study of veristand is fully on PC alone. Jorrod, you mean to say that if a plug in a DAQ card in PC mother board's PCI slot - it cannot be accessed in veristand? 

In that alarm configuration screen, we do have a option to log alarm trips right? But where does the alarm trips get logged and what and all will be logged when a alarm trips?

I saw a file in the folder named Logs in the path

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\National Instruments\VeriStand

but in that only logging in and closing the windows are being logged.

Please help me. 

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(8,111 Views)

Hey Vino,

That is correct. The PCI DAQ card will not work with the NI VeriStand engine running on windows. If you require this functionality, a custom device can be written to enable it.

The log trips button will log the alarm and alarm time upon a trip to the  C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\National Instruments\VeriStand\Logs folder on your machine.

Take care,

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(8,059 Views)