From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VeriStand: Cannot locate a supported installation of the Microsoft Visual Studio C++ tool chain.

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello friends,

I have some trouble when I build simulink model with NIVeriStand.tlc. 

software info: Matlab(R2017b), Complier(Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 (C)), VeriStand (2020 R5)

One possible reason is that when I installed the compiler, I installed the Build Tool Visual C++ 2017, but did not install Visual Studio 2017.because Build Tool Visual C++ 2017 will not occupy the number of Visual Studio 2017 software licenses. does this have an effect? 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,152 Views)

I have solved this problem, just as mentioned,  Build Tool Visual C++ 2017 is not enough for compile simulink model using NIVeristand.tlc( it's enough for compile simulink model using ert.tlc / autosar.tlc). VS2017 is needed.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,120 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author leoyang

Hello Leoyang,

You do not need a licensed version of Visual Studio 2017 to compile Simulink models using NIVeriStand.tlc. You can download and install the free version (Community Edition) and it will work fine. All you need to do is make sure you also install the SDKs, as shown below:

Install.PNG

Alternatively, you can also install any version of Visual Studio 2017, but you do not need to license them. You can have them on your system, unactivated (if you don't use the IDE for development), but you will still be able to compile Simulink models.

Hope this helps.

Ray

Message 3 of 4
(3,110 Views)

Hello  jano_rajmond,

I installed the vs2017 as you said,but when i compile simulink models shows "can not found “\rtw\c\tools\vctools.mak”  do you know how to solve this problem,thanks!

youzuolong_0-1631173807042.png

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,796 Views)