VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulink Simscape limitation with Veristand

hello Veristand users

I'm currently working for Battery Management Controller HIL.

So If anyone is familiar with Simulink compilation especially Simscape, could I have some advice for it.

I would like to use Simscaple & Simscape Electrical to simulate battery pack.

Simscape seems to support Simulink coder to compile C program.

I have experience Veristand with native simulink code but not with Simscape.

[Question]

- Are there any limitation to compile Veristand DLL for Simscape?

- if anyone have rule of thumb to use veristand with Simscape, please share it.

Any advices and comments would be greatly appreciated.

thanks regard

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(1,900 Views)

I now use matlab2017b and Veristand 2019. After the simscape model is built, an error is reported when I compile. Does Veristand 2019 not support compilation?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(1,652 Views)

hello skygongye

Simscape model successfully compiled on my Veristand enviroment.

Veristand 2020 and Simulink 2019b.

The link blow mentioned

"For VeriStand 2018 SP1, VeriStand 2019 SP1 Model Framework f1 patch is necessary to compile models in Simulink R2017b."

https://www.ni.com/ja-jp/support/documentation/compatibility/22/veristand-labview-modeling-and-legac...

It's better to check your version and f1 patch.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(1,598 Views)

VeriStand 2019 uses the VeriStand Model Framework to compile models. While some customers in the past have had success compiling Simscape models and integrating in VeriStand, the VeriStand Model Framework does not officially support it so there may be caveats.

As of VeriStand 2021, NI offers a new toolbox for compiling Simulink models https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/106420-veristand-model-generation-support. This toolbox does support Simscape models. 

Brian.D
NI Product Owner
VeriStand
Message 4 of 7
(1,632 Views)
Thanks for your reply, I would also like to ask the following questions: 1. As you mentioned "some users have successfully used Veristand version 19 before", can I also compile successfully by taking some methods without changing the Veristand version? For example, installing a plugin or compiler, etc.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(1,624 Views)
Thanks for your reply, I would also like to ask the following questions: 1. As you mentioned "some users have successfully used Veristand version 19 before", can I also compile successfully by taking some methods without changing the Veristand version? For example, installing a plugin or compiler, etc.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(1,607 Views)
Thanks for your reply. The link shows that Matlab 2017b matches Veristand 2019 R3. Is the "f1 patch" you mentioned a plugin?
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(1,588 Views)