VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rockwell style Industrial TCP/IP communications integration

Good morning, I am trying to integrate a Micro Motion flow meter with a 5700 w/ethernet transmitter into a couple of existing PXI chassis running veristand 2018. I am currently using a couple of custom devices to transfer data between labview running on the PC and veristand running on the PXI chassis (TCP/IP add-on, Instrument add-on, and reflective ethernet from dVel) so I have a little bit of experience doing some TCP and UDP communication in Veristand, but I have very little experience with industrial communications. The only manual I have for the flow meter's ethernet communication is this guide for integrating into Rockwell PLC's with RSLogix 5000 (https://www.emerson.com/documents/automation/integration-guide-rockwell-supplement-micro-motion-5700...). I have connected to the meter over ethernet with the PC I use to deploy the veristand projects by simply connecting with a web browser but have been completely unsuccessful getting any data from it to show up in Veristand. I tried "Ethernet Custom Device" as well which I thought looked promising but haven't been able to get anything to work in that either. I'm not sure what to put in for "backplane port" or "Logix slot". I did have someone with a licensed copy of RS studio create a small .L5K project that included the .EDS file from the flow meter but the custom device didn't import any tags from it. I did run wireshark while communicating with the transmitter using a web browser but I'm thinking it would use a different port than that (80) when communicating directly.

I'm a little lost on which direction to take on this project and would appreciate any advice you have. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(988 Views)