VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NationalInstruments.Veristand.SystemStorageUI.WinFormsWrapper

Solved!
Go to solution

I noticed that there is an assembly named NationalInstruments.Veristand.SystemStorageUI.WinFormsWrapper that has user interface components for the following

NodeBrowserWF

SystemDefinitionErrorDisplayWinForm

TreeAliasBrowserWF

TreeBrowserWF

Are these controls publicly usable as part of the .NET API?  I am able to drop them on my Form in a C# application but I can find any documentation on how to use them.  I am working on creating a point selection control much like the one in the WorkSpace and don't want to create it if it is already available.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(7,302 Views)
Solution
Accepted by rogerthat

Hi rogerthat,

The SystemStorageUI assembly is for internal use only. For the most part components may have a public scope and therefore accessible to anyone, but National Instruments does not provide technical support or the guarantee of compatibility with this assembly.

Nestor
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(7,293 Views)

Thanks.  It looks like I'll be making the channel selection control myself.........

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(7,289 Views)

I have the same issue, but did manage to build one.  Here is a link to some more info

http://forums.ni.com/t5/NI-VeriStand/Veristand-TreeBrowserWF-Display-Filter/m-p/1752384

I have attached what I did.  You will have to clean it up for your application, but it is a place to start. Let me know if it is missing any dependencies, since this is a part of a bigger project, and I will post them

Good Luck.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(7,286 Views)

Hi Nestor,

Adding to this, some of the applications were using for NationalInstruments.Veristand.SystemStorage assembly.

we were unable to locate it anywhere in computer.

I don't understand why it is not available.

But when I selected NationalInstruments.Veristand.SystemStorageUI assembly apllications found all its components in this assembly.

Please let me know where I can find NationalInstruments.Veristand.SystemStorage assembly??

Nilesh

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(7,261 Views)

systemstorage is installed into the windows global assembly cache so you wont be able to easily browse to it. I'm guessing you saw this issue when you opened up a VI in LabVIEW and it started searching for the system storage assembly? You can just click ignore and LabVIEW will find it in the globabl assembly cache. the reason LabVIEW is searching is because something changed. for example a VI was linked to 2011 version of system storage and opened up in LV 2012 and now looks for the 2012 assembly

Stephen B
Message 6 of 6
(7,243 Views)