From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI Veristand Alarms module

I am facing certain issues while using the Alarms module of NI Veristand 2011, SP1.

1:

I have two alarms (Alarm1 and Alarm2) and thrie corresponding procedures (AP1 and AP2) which would set a user channel Alarm health to 0. I have another Alarm "ResetAlarm" which gets triggered based on a reset condition from one of the channels. The "Reset Alarm Procedure" should reset all the alarms(1 & 2),  sets the Alarm Health to 1 and resets the "ResetAlarm" and exits the subroutine. I am not able to achive this behavior as when the first alarm is tripped the alarm system hangs there and doesnot recognise/monitor any other alarms. Because of this even when the alarm condition is rectified the Alarm doesnot reset.

2:

I modified it to reset the alarm 1 and alarm2 in their corresponding procedures and the Reset Alarm Procedure would Set the Alarm health to 1 and reset. All the alarms are given the same priority 0. When all the three alarm conditios are met only Alarm1 would be tripped. Alarm 2 will be tripped only when alarm is not tripped and "Reset Alarm" is tripped only when the alarm 1 and alarm 2 are not active (i.e in Enabled state and not tripped state). I did not understadn why this priority variation is observed when the priority for all the alarms is set to 0.

3:

Is there any in-built system channel in veristand that indicates the Alrms health. This channel should indicate when any one of the alarm conditions are met i.e., any one of the alarms is tripped.

Please help me in identifying if I am doing anything wrong.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,344 Views)

Do you have the alarms separated into different groups? If you want them to fire while another of the same prioirty is already asserted they will need to be separated.

Alarms are typically handled in the Workspace and don't have a user channel assocated with them. If you want information on alarm help you could make it set a channel value in the procedure when it gets asserted.

Craig H. | CLA CTA CLED | Applications Engineer | NI Employee 2012-2023
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,244 Views)