VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to review Stimulus Profiles offline for NIVS2009?

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a legacy NIVS2009 system that I need to get familiar with prior to converting over to NIVS2010. I need to review an extensive list of Stimulus Profiles. It is very inconvenient in the stimulus generator within the Workspace. If I could cut and paste into a txt file would be sufficient, but it doesn't seem to allow. Is there a way to export or view .et1 files for review?

Thanks in advance for any input.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(6,729 Views)

There is unfortunately not a way to do this in 2009. We worked hard to improve this area of support in NI VeriStand 2010, which has the following capabilities:

1. The two Stimulus Profile Editor dialogs (table and step-based) were merged into one dialog, which can create profiles containing a mix of both types.

2. The new Stimulus Profile Editor dialog can be launched from the VeriStand Project, and it can edit profiles offline. No more need to run the Workspace.

3. The Stimulus Profile file format was transitioned to XML, making it a little more human-readable, although not entirely so.

Jarrod S.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(6,726 Views)

If I load a demo version of NIVS2010 on another machine, could I "mutate" a copy of the .et1 files to convert them into XML and save them off for offline manipulation? i.e. without mutating my system definition, deploying and fixing conversion issues.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(6,719 Views)
I have mutated my VS2009 .rig and .in4 files to run VS2010. I tried to pull up my stimulus files (.et1), but when I try to pull an .et1 in I got so many 307606 errors I had to kill Veristand from Task Manager. I have a large number of .et1 files. PLEASE tell me there is a converter that will mutate them into the VS2010 format.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(6,602 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author RAlex

Yes sir, there is.

The menubar in the Getting Started window has an entry that offers mutation.

The name is a little bit misleading since it says: Mutat Workspace and Systen Definition Files. Go ahead and launch it and you will see a pull down menu with a lot more options.

Thanks

Tom

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(6,599 Views)

I see it now. Thanks.  Misnomer in the tools menu is correct. The tool can "mutate" various file types.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(6,596 Views)