VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to log array in / outputs channels?

Hi,

I use the model described in this post http://forums.ni.com/t5/NI-VeriStand/How-to-use-simulink-model-input-output-bus-in-Veristand/td-p/17...

VeriStand recongnize the channels as arrays; so good so far!

now I am trying to log data from channels, if I use Embedded Data Logger I get values not coresponding to the values in channels. I think that Embedded Data Logger does not recognizes the channels as arrays.

Is there some ideas how can I log data from array channels or how can I modify  Embedded Data Logger to do this?

thank wyou in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,420 Views)

The Embedded Data Logger currently can not log array channels.

There is an option you can select, however, when importing a model in System Explorer to segment vector ports into scalar channels. You can find this option on the Inports and Outports tab of the Add Simulation Model dialog.

This option will transform array input and output channels into individual scalar channels, which are more easily accessible from VeriStand. For instance, if you have an input vector port with 20 elements, this option would represent that as 20 scalar inputs.

This option only applies for inputs and outputs, however. You can't segment vector signals.

Jarrod S.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,386 Views)

I think I will segment vector channels in my model.

Thank you for answer!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,382 Views)