cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while Deploying NI 9862 CAN Card to Veristand 2017

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am currently attempting to setup an NI 9862 CAN interface card using NI Xnet. I have followed the procedure set out here: Getting Started with NI-XNET Installing and Configuring It for NI VeriStand and NI LabVIEW - Nationa...

but when I go to deploy, the little red light (LED 1) comes on, it sits for a moment, then gives this error:

The VeriStand Gateway encountered an error while deploying the System Definition file.

Details:
Error -1074384887 occurred at Project Window.lvlib:Project Window.vi >> Project Window.lvlib:Command Loop.vi >> Project Window.lvlib:Connect to System.vi

Possible reason(s):

NI-XNET: (Hex 0xBFF63009) The board's firmware did not answer a command. Solution: Stop your application and execute a self test. Try deactivating/reactivating the driver in the Device Manager. If the problem persists, contact National Instruments.
=========================
NI VeriStand: NI VeriStand Engine.lvlib:VeriStand Engine Wrapper (RT).vi >> NI VeriStand Engine.lvlib:VeriStand Engine.vi >> NI VeriStand Engine.lvlib:VeriStand Engine State Machine.vi >> HP Loop.lvlib:HP Loop Main.vi >> HP Loop.lvlib:Initialize HP Loop.vi >> Custom Devices Storage.lvlib:Start Device (HW Interface).vi

After it does this, NI max can no longer see the CAN port until I run the veristand project again. I have manually deployed the bitfile using labview, and run a self test, and firmware reinstall as recommended there, but the issue has not gone away and I've not been able to deploy. Any thoughts on what could be causing this, or good avenues of troubleshooting to follow? Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,620 Views)

Are you using the Scan Engine for EtherCAT custom device? 

If so, refer to https://forums.ni.com/t5/NI-VeriStand-Add-Ons-Documents/NI-VeriStand-Add-On-Scan-Engine-and-EtherCAT...and https://github.com/ni/niveristand-scan-engine-ethercat-custom-device/issues/52

What cRIO or PXI are you using?  What other modules are in the chassis?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,589 Views)

Hello!

Yes, I am using the custom device. The article I linked links on to the page you've linked, and I think I've followed that article correctly. I'm using a CRio 9024 that has 2 NI 9263s, an NI 9472, NI 9205, and 3 NI 9485s installed as well as the 9862.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,582 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jakel98

I believe it is because you have a specialty digital module [ie. 9472 and 9485] in the same cRIO chassis as the 9862.  

From https://forums.ni.com/t5/NI-VeriStand-Add-Ons-Documents/NI-VeriStand-Add-On-Scan-Engine-and-EtherCAT... 

• Using an XNET module along with a specialty digital module in a cRIO chassis may result in an error upon deployment (CAR 524753) with the message "NI-XNET:  (Hex 0xBFF63009) The board's firmware did not answer a command". This error does not occur with 9401 or 9402 modules when specialty digital is configured to none. Workaround: Program the specialty digital module through LabVIEW FPGA and communicate via UDVs.

Possible alternatives:

1. Upgrade to cRIO-904x or 905x
  2. Or, place the specialty digital module in an EtherCAT expansion chassis
    1. I can't confirm full functionality of the 9472 and 9485 in an EtherCAT expansion chassis
  3. Or, create an FPGA

This has been a common issue for my applications and I have used a combination of all 3 solutions above for specialty digital and XNET conflicts in my projects.  

Message 4 of 4
(1,566 Views)