cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Deploying LabVIEW model for Veristand Pharlap target

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I'm using LabVIEW  2017 and Veristand 2017. I want to build LabVIEW models for my pharlap target (PXIe 8840). For trial purpose, I'm building a simple add model, which is getting added in my SDF, but while deploying the SDF into the RT, I'm getting the following error -

• Downloading MODEL_TEST.nivssdf [126 kB] (file 1 of 5)
• Downloading MODEL_TEST_QUASAR_RT.nivsdat [9 kB] (file 2 of 5)
• Downloading CalibrationData.nivscal [0 kB] (file 3 of 5)
• Downloading MODEL_TEST_QUASAR_RT.nivsparam [0 kB] (file 4 of 5)
• Downloading Add Model.lvmodel [88 kB] (file 5 of 5)
• Closing WebDAV session...
• Files successfully deployed to the targets.
• Starting deployment group 1...
The VeriStand Gateway encountered an error while deploying the System Definition file.

Details:
Error -307703 occurred at Project Window.lvlib: Project Window.vi >> Project Window.lvlib:Command Loop.vi >> Project Window.lvlib:Connect to System.vi

Possible reason(s):

NI VeriStand: The specified model is incompatible with NI VeriStand. If you are trying to deploy the model to an RT target, launch the Console Viewer tool to display the console output of the target, which includes information about the source of the error.
=========================
NI VeriStand: NI VeriStand Engine.lvlib:VeriStand Engine Wrapper (RT).vi >> NI VeriStand Engine.lvlib:VeriStand Engine.vi >> NI VeriStand Engine.lvlib:VeriStand Engine State Machine.vi >> Model Execution.lvlib:Initialize Model Loop Data.vi >> Model Execution.lvlib:Initialize Models.vi >> SIT Model API.lvlib:Initialize Model.vi >> SIT Model API.lvlib:Load Model DLL.vi
<append>=========================
NI VeriStand: Failed to load C:\ni-rt\NIVeriStand\Models\Add Model.lvmodel

I made sure that I have build the model by selecting the "pharlap" target option. Please let me know if you find any solution regarding this. attaching my VI and LVMODEL

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(5,592 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author meBaga

This is an issue that was introduced in VeriStand 2017 and fixed with the VeriStand 2017 f1 patch. You can install the patch here. Note that after installing the patch to your host PC, you will need to reinstall software to your Real-Time controller. 

Message 2 of 11
(5,584 Views)

Hi meBaga, have you installed the VeriStand 2017 f1 patch? There was a known issue related to models deploying to RT Pharlap targets which was fixed in this patch. 

Message 3 of 11
(5,579 Views)

Hi,

I have a similar Setup but installing the f1 Patch did not help. 

What else can I try?

Also, why does the f1 patched Version the same 17.0.0 version number as the stock version? 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(5,101 Views)

You can confirm successful installation of the patch by confirming that readme_2017_f1.html is located at <National Instruments>\VeriStand 2017\readme\

If you see this readme file, then the patch was successfully installed. Did you also format your Real-Time controller and reinstall software to the target? 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(5,091 Views)

Ho scotia673,

yes I've confirmed that the _f1.html file is there and reinstalled the VeriStand Engine on the PXI system... I've also tried formatting the PXI system and even using a different one.

Regards,

MaWei

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(5,088 Views)

Hi MaWei. Can you post a screenshot of the error you're seeing upon deployment, or the text itself? When you are generating the model from LabVIEW, are you selecting "PharLap" from the drop-down menu for Target OS? What version of LabVIEW are you using to generate the model? Does the built model succeed? Can you build and deploy a simple case (e.g. a model with two inputs being added and mapped to an output)?

Feel free to also attach the LabVIEW VI you are building into a model as well as the built model so that others here can attempt the same build/deploy if you are comfortable doing so.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(5,077 Views)

You will have to also reinstall the veristand engine and the model interface toolkit on the PXI with NI max

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(4,392 Views)

Hi Everyone,

i have similar chalange.

I am trying to deploy a veristand system definition file into myRIO.

In veristand project  propertin sies i have configured veristand gateway as local host and in syst  em definition file controller is Pharlab and ip is 172.22.11.2.

while downloading it shows the follwoing error details.

i need your help to solve this.

Error information and details

• Start Date: 30-07-2019 14:28
• Loading System Definition file: D:\veri projects\veri1\veri1.nivssdf
• Preparing to deploy the System Definition to the targets...
• Compiling the System Definition file...
• Initializing TCP subsystem...
• Starting TCP Loops...
• Connection established with target MyRIO.
• Sending reset command to all targets...
• Preparing to deploy files to the targets...
• Starting download for target MyRIO...
• Opening WebDAV session to IP 172.22.11.2...
• Processing Action on Deploy VIs...
• Gathering target dependency files...
• Downloading DAQPlugins.llb [543 kB] (file 1 of 7)
• Closing WebDAV session...
The VeriStand Gateway encountered an error while deploying the System Definition file.

Details:
Error 363516 occurred at Project Window.lvlibSmiley Tongueroject Window.vi >> Project Window.lvlib:Command Loop.vi >> Project Window.lvlib:Connect to System.vi

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW: (Hex 0x58BFC) Client does not have access to the specified resource (access is forbidden).

• Stopping TCP loops.
Waiting for TCP loops to shut down...
• TCP loops shut down successfully.
• Unloading System Definition file...
• Connection with target MyRIO has been lost.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(4,244 Views)

Hi,

I have the same error. How did you solved it?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(4,180 Views)