From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -805 due to timed loop missing proper timing source

I have a Async. custom device that was designed with a timed-loop. It's rate must be 5kHz, so dt = 250usec.

How can I set the timed loop to operate at this rate, since the custom device is developped under Windows, and the timed loop highest rate is 1 khz? 

When  get error -805 when undeploying the device, and at runtime the timed loop never runs.

Thx

L,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(6,251 Views)

There is only a 1kHz SW timing source available on windows, as opposed to the 1MHz timing source available on RT. You can, however, use hardware timing to drive a timed loop past 1kHz on windows. The most direct way is using a DAQ card and the DAQmx driver to create a timing source from an acquisition task or a digital change event. Refer here for some more details. There are also examples available in the Example Finder.

Jarrod S.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(6,248 Views)

Ok, but in the context of a Veristand Custom Device that will run on the Target, I need to use the 1 MHz clock.  I need to get this timed loop run at 250us. What is the name of the clock I should use?

tick.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(6,242 Views)

The way to do what I mean should be  like this: 

- add a RT target under the Custom Device Project

- drag the RT Driver VI under the RT target and set the Timed loop at 1 MHz.

- bring the RT Driver VI back under Windows

- Do NOT open the propertie of the timed loop.

- reset the RT Driver VI in the build as mentioned here

Laurent.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(6,234 Views)
there is a vi in the structures -> timing palette to create a timing source. 1kHz or 1 MHz selectable.
Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(6,227 Views)

What Stephen mentioned will work. Also note that 5kHz = 200usec, not 250.

Jarrod S.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(6,222 Views)