VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -1074384591 when importing frames

I have an XNET database added, and can see all the signals when I open up the database editor. However, when I try to import the frames on a CAN port, I receive this error:

Error -1074384591 occurred at Property Node (arg 1) in XNET.lvlib:FIBEX_ReadSignalProperties.vi->XNET.lvlib:FIBEX_ReadECUContent.vi->XNET.lvlib:FIBEX_ReadDatabase.vi->XNET.lvlib:Import NI-XNET Frames.vi->XNET.lvlib:Import XNET Frames.vi
Property: Name

Possible reason(s): 

NI-XNET:  (Hex 0xBFF63131) Bad reference has been passed to a database function, e.g. a session reference, or frame reference to retrieve properties from a signal.

I then click continue to receive this error:

Error 1077 occurred at Property Node (arg 1) in XNET.lvlib:Tree Update Symbols.vi->XNET.lvlib:Import NI-XNET Frames.vi->XNET.lvlib:Import XNET Frames.vi

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW: Invalid property value.

I have verified that the database is defined on the port with the correct cluster and baud rate. The database is a .dbc file for reference.

Has anyone seen this issue before or know the cause of it?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,797 Views)

Do you have any frames larger than 52 bits?

By default VeriStand can only handle frames that are smaller than this, so if any of the ones you have defined in the database are larger it will cause this error.

There are some options relating to this in VeriStand under Tools » Options, the XNET tab under "Raw Frame Data Settings" as well as checkbox titled "Enable 64 bit representation" under the frame itself in the system definition file.

What version of NI-XNET are you using?

What version of NI VeriStand are you using?

Craig H. | CLA CTA CLED | Applications Engineer | NI Employee 2012-2023
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,704 Views)

Hi Craig,

Thanks for your reply. I do have some frames that are larger than 52 bits.

I am running NI-XNET 1.7 and Veristand 2012.

What I find interesting is that I have another .dbc file that also has some 64 bit frames, and Veristand does not complain when importing them. It only complains for this (new) .dbc file that I am trying to import.

I verified that both instances have "Enable 64 bit representation" checked.

The frames that are larger than 52 bits do have a small red "x" on the frame in the NI-XNET database editor. I initially assumed that this was the issue, but I tried the other .dbc file (which also has the red "x" on the frames) and it imported just fine.

Thanks,

Veer

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,692 Views)

It's interesting that one database imports but one does not.

Can you remove the frames greater than 52 bits from the database that does not work and see if it imports correctly? That would confirm whether they are causing the issue or not.

Craig H. | CLA CTA CLED | Applications Engineer | NI Employee 2012-2023
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(6,649 Views)

For those interested, I was able to isolate the issue.

The issue was with one of the signals having the exact same name as the frame except that the signal was in lowercase but the message in uppercase.

This is a known issue for Veristand 2012 and is believed to be fixed in Veristand 2013.

According to the listed issues website -- http://www.ni.com/white-paper/14432/en/ -- the fix is:

Importing XNET Database fails when signal and frame have same name but different capitalization
Importing XNET Database fails when signal and frame have same name but different capitalization. Importing frames will fail with error 1077 stating that there is an invalid signal.

Workaround: Make signal and frame capitalization match or use different names for signals and frames

This fix worked for me.

-V

Message 5 of 5
(6,551 Views)