From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual Channel Parameter File of NI Veristand Ballard Mil Std 1553 Custom Device

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am Fehmi, trying to use niveristand-ballard-milStd1553-custom-device tool to communicate on veristand by Astronics Ballard Omnibus 2. But having an issue to build a parameter file for dual channel application of mil std 1553 (I can't deploy). Can someone help me to build one or if you have an example of dual channel parameter file that would be great reference for me. 

I am sharing Hardware file and Parameter file (as what i tried which doesnt work) of dual channel application in attachments for your information. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,132 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Orionxl

@Orionxl

I am able to successfully deploy to my PXI Linux RT target using the configuration files you attached. I do not have the two channels of my card coupled together, so I am unable to validate data loopback though. I am seeing the "Unconfigured Frames Count" of the status channels increase, which tells me there may be an issue with the second channel.

KarlG_0-1661201836141.png

Can you post a full explanation of the hardware and software setup you are using as an Issue on the GitHub repository for the Custom Device? That will be a better place to handle any additional debugging.

https://github.com/ni/niveristand-ballard-milStd1553-custom-device/issues

Message 2 of 4
(1,083 Views)
I've shared as an github issue thank you for your answer. Link: https://github.com/ni/niveristand-ballard-milStd1553-custom-device/issues/217
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,051 Views)
Oh, now I see your fix on github. I'll try and let you know the results. Thank you so much.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,041 Views)