From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Device: Clear Fault

Hi Rajamodol!

Can you please replace the "Get Fault Value" VI with the "Get Custom Device Channel Data" VI and access the "Channel" cluster value for access to the value "Faultable"?

The order of executing is described in the following article under primary control loop:

Understanding the VeriStand Engine - NI VeriStand™ 2013 Help - National Instruments
http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/372846G-01/veristand/understanding_vs_engine/

Best regards

Christoph

Staff Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Certified LabVIEW Developer (CLD), Certified LabVIEW Embedded Systems Developer (CLED)

Don't forget Kudos for Good Answers, and Mark a solution if your problem is solved
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(2,689 Views)

Hi Christoph_D,

Thanks for your reply. Get Custom Device Channel Data is used to check if the value faultable. What i wanted to know is, "Is the value faulted?" and "If the value is faulted, how to clear it?"

Since the .NET API doesn't work in RT-Engine, so custom device i sent you will only work if running on the same PC.

Still looking for help...................................

Regards,

Rajamodol

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(2,680 Views)

Hi Rajamodol,

I know that it is not the same functionality, but its for testing purposes.

In addition to that I would also like to test the "Channel Fault Manager" if you can fault respectively de-fault the specified channel.

Similar to the "Channel Fault Manager" you could also SET a fault in your LabVIEW block diagram and see if that acion succeeds.

Best regards

Christoph

Staff Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Certified LabVIEW Developer (CLD), Certified LabVIEW Embedded Systems Developer (CLED)

Don't forget Kudos for Good Answers, and Mark a solution if your problem is solved
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(2,665 Views)