VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cann't deploy xnet into RT with Veristand 2011

Solved!
Go to solution

Just to be clear, you need to right click the chassis node and select Add NI-CAN from the right click menu. Having the INI token does not automatically make an NI-CAN node appear, it just makes the right click menu option to add one show up.

Jarrod S.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 23
(4,081 Views)

You have modified the wrong INI file, the path needs to be inside your application data data directory, not your program files directory.

It depends on your computer, but on windows 7 it is here: C:\ProgramData\National Instruments\NI VeriStand 2010\System Explorer\System Explorer.ini

On XP it is something like C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\National Instruments\NI VeriStand 2010\System Explorer\System Explorer.ini

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 23
(4,078 Views)

I modified the System Explorer.ini on your advise, the path is :

C:\ProgramData\National Instruments\NI VeriStand 2010\System Explorer\System Explorer.ini

But I still cannot see any NICAN in the system explorer.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 23
(4,053 Views)
You need to insert "[System Explorer]" at the top of your ini file (without the quotes)
Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 23
(4,051 Views)

I did again, but I cannot...

pic

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 23
(4,048 Views)
Solution
Accepted by falt

There are a couple of problems here.

1. I'm not sure how, but your ini file had some funky characters in it... causing it to be invalid. I made a new one and it works fine. Try the attached file.
  2. The NI-CAN board is on the same level as Chassis, so you need to right click hardware and add it there.
Stephen B
Message 16 of 23
(4,035 Views)

Thank you very much, I have successfully found the NI-CAN in the System Explorer.

But I have another problems, I created a simple project to test the CAN communication using PXI 8461, and encountered the following error.

The VeriStand Gateway encountered an error while deploying the System Definition file.

Details:

Error 1003 occurred at Project Window.lvlib:Project Window.vi >> NI_VS Workspace ExecutionAPI.lvlib:NI VeriStand - Connect to System.vi

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW:  无法执行该VI。通常原因是VI断开或无法定位子VI。选择文件>>打开可打开VI并确保可以运行该VI。

=========================

NI VeriStand:  NI VeriStand Engine.lvlib:VeriStand Engine Wrapper (RT).vi >> NI VeriStand Engine.lvlib:VeriStand Engine.vi >> NI VeriStand Engine.lvlib:VeriStand Engine State Machine.vi >> NI VeriStand Engine.lvlib:Launch CAN.vi >> Launch Asynchronous VI by Path.vi >> sub Launch Asynchronous VI.vi

<append>=========================

NI VeriStand:  Broken VI: can_CAN Frame Engine.vi

Missing external function frchconvlib.dll:convertChannelToFrame:C in VI Convert Channel to U8 Frame.vi.

Missing external function frchconvlib.dll:createMessageTable:C in VI Create Message Table.vi.

Missing external function frchconvlib.dll:getLargestNumberOfChannels:C in VI Add New Channel.vi.

Missing external function frchconvlib.dll:addNewchannelDefinition:C in VI Add New Channel.vi.

Missing external function frchconvlib.dll:convertFrameToChannel:C in VI Convert U8 Frame to Channel.vi.

Missing external function frchconvlib.dll:closeMessageTable:C in VI Close Message Table.vi.

?Unloading System Definition file...

?Connection with target Controller has been lost.

So apperently there might be missing something in VS RT,  but in fact The PXI 8106 has already installed the VS RT, NI-CAN 2.7, X-NET, etc..

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 23
(4,007 Views)
Great! Sorry about the extra snag.

That means you don't have all the drivers installed to the RT system. Make sure you install NI-CAN and the Frame Channel Conversion Library to the RT system using measurement and automation explorer.

You might not have the library installed. You can get it here. Note the instructions for NI VeriStand.

http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/1277/lang/en
Stephen B
Message 18 of 23
(4,005 Views)

Great! It works! Thank you very much, Stephen~~Smiley Very Happy

You know, these problems drive me crazy for several days, since My colloge's internet sometimes cannot get access to the NI Disussion Forums. And I have to wait till 11 p.m. at night to get your advice... Now I am so happy, thanks again~

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 23
(4,003 Views)

Hi ,

I could add NI-CAN under 'Hardware" in Veristand after modifying the System Explorer.inf file. I have installed CAN 2.7.3 driver and channel to frame conversion library in the PXI RT. But wen I try to add the signals under In comming frames and outgoing frames i got error which is attached here. Please can anyone tell me the solution for it. Any alternate solution to use NI - CAN in veristand..??

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 23
(3,976 Views)