From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call Stimulus Profile with Veristand API leads to failing test

Solved!
Go to solution

I wan´t to call a stimulus profile file programmatically. I discovered that there is no VI for that in the LabVIEW VeriStand API (for the legacy stimulus profile editor such a VI exists). But in the Example finder exists a VI which uses the .NET VeriStand API to acomplish this (http://forums.ni.com/t5/NI-VeriStand/Start-Stimulus-Profile-from-LabVIEW/m-p/1789162). Furthermore someone created a Custom Control for the workspace which uses this .NET invoke (http://www.ni.com/example/31335/en/). Both examples work in general but I have one problem which i´m not able to fix:

If I use a "Update Model Parameters From File" step in the stimulus profile to change the parameters of a model the step is going to fail with the error: "Error: -307650. Details: Object reference not set to an instance of an object." This only happens if i use the .NET VeriStand API invoke to call the stimulus profile. If I start the stimulus profile out of the Stimulus Profile Editor this error doesn´t occur and the Model Parameter Update works correctly.

If I delete the "Update Model Parameters From File" step the whole stimulus profile passes just fine.

Has anyone an idea how to fix this issue or how to programmatically call a stimulus profile file with the VeriStand API? Thanks for any suggestions in advance and have a nice day.

H.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,698 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Felmer

I can reproduce what you are seeing. You can work around this very quickly by making a call to the StimulusProfile method CheckForErrors before starting its execution. This method is called by the Stimulus Profile Editor before it starts execution, and it must have some side-effect that causes the Update Parameters step to work correctly.

Jarrod S.
National Instruments
Message 2 of 3
(5,687 Views)

Thank you for that workaround. It works like a charm.

Is there a recommended way to load a stimulus profile from file and execute it? I think that the depracation of the legacy VI "NI VeriStand - Rum Stimulus Profile.vi" and not building a comparable new VI has an intention in terms of how to use the API or did this happen only by accident?

Thanks for the quick help!

H.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,673 Views)