cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Error in initVXIlibrary. Unable to init kernel device drivers."

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello all,

I'm trying to fix a test system from WAYBACK - running windows 3.11 with CVI talking to a Racal 1261B VXI box. All was well until a capacitor in the VXI power supply failed.  Astronics got the p/s fixed in a few weeks, but nothing has worked right since.

The current symptoms are no errors of note on the VXI diagnostics display, but when the CVI app tries to startup we get the fatal error message "Error in init VXI library. Unable to init kernel device drivers."

I think the message indicates communication failure between the MXI communication cards, one in the PC and the other in the VXI.  We have tested both cards in another system and they work fine.  Windows' RESMAN fails to run and I don't have a DOS version to try.

Does anyone have a clue as to what the error message means and/or what might cause this problem?  I'm driving 500 miles from Pittsburgh PA to Rochester NY on Sunday to lay hands on this machine again and sure could use some help...

Thanks large,

Clancy

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(7,756 Views)

Hello,

This is David from your exitsing SR on this issue.  I'm having this thread moved to the VXI forum since it isn't a CVI-specific question.  If someone with deep VXI knowledge is going to see this, it will probably be on that forum.

Regards,

David R
Systems Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(7,710 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Clancy99

WELL THE PROBLEM HAS BEEN SOLVED, IF NOT UNDERSTOOD - AT THE SUGGESTION OF THE VENDOR, WE REINSTALLED THE VXI DRIVER KIT.  IT TOOK SOME PLAYING WITH UTILITIES THAT WERE INCLUDED IN THE KIT, BUT THE THING SUDDENLY STARTED WORKING FINE.  I THINK SOMETHING JUST NEEDED RESET AND THE DRIVER RE-UP DID IT...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(7,495 Views)