VXI and VME

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ni-vxi will not initialize

Not too familiar with the product and its functionaliy so I apologize for the explanation.

I have been tasked to find out why our computer will not work properly and load our software. When I boot up the system and start the program I receive the error " Unable to initialize NI-VXI driver". After much research I have found that we are running Windows 2000 SP3 with version 3.3 or NI-VXI. The morning after a storm the operators arrived to find the computers off, once rebooted the error arrived and will not allow the software to move past this point. We do however have many of these systems so we were able to remove the card from the chassis and place it in another on a different rack. The card works in that chassis and the software works properly. The card removed from that chassis was then placed in the empty slot in the non-working tower and still nothing...

We have been going back and forth with NI trying to determine the issue and the fix for the problem. We have determined that the measurement and automation exploer shows a black x next to the VXI. Resman also produces the initialization error. The chassis shows sys fail and the device maanger for the computer does not show the card even when the cable is removed after a computer shutdown and reinstallation witha  reboot.

If anyone has any ideas please advise as we have been down for quite some time now.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(6,926 Views)

Hi TechDay,

It appears as though you have a service request open with direct support. Once this problem is resolved, the solution will be posted. If anyone in the community has any suggestions, please feel free to post them. We will continue to work on this issue directly as well. 

Sunaina K.
Product Marketing Manager for CompactRIO & TSN

Making the intangible, tangible
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(6,911 Views)