VXI and VME

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need VME-PCI8026 to run on Linux kernel 2.6.x

I am still running with version 1.6.2 (on kernel 2.4) although versions through 2.0.1 have been made available to me. Last time I tried, 2.0.1 almost worked but I encountered a very intermittant problem, and had to revert to 1.6.2, to make a milestone. So, if your 2.0.1 (or later) driver is available on kernel 2.6, I could give it another shot..
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(7,276 Views)
Hi doman,

At this time there are no drivers available for the 2.6 Kernal of Linux. We also don't have any information regarding if this kernal will be supported in future versions of the VXI driver. Keep an eye on the VXI site for updates, but at this time we offer no support for that kernal.

Regards,
Matt S.

LabVIEW Integration Engineer with experience in LabVIEW Real-Time, LabVIEW FPGA, DAQ, Machine Vision, as well as C/C++. CLAD, working on CLD and CLA.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(7,262 Views)
Doman,

You may want to go through the e-mail support site (www.ni.com/support) and send in a support e-mail asking for more information regarding this. Those are a little easier to get bumped up to the R&D teams. We might be able to get a little more information to you through that means.

-Matt S.

LabVIEW Integration Engineer with experience in LabVIEW Real-Time, LabVIEW FPGA, DAQ, Machine Vision, as well as C/C++. CLAD, working on CLD and CLA.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(7,250 Views)
Since NI is not providing Linux 2.6 support, I've ported NI's 2.0.1 ni-vxi kernel module to run on the 2.6.12.6 kernel. You can get it here:

http://66.92.150.218/misc/nivxi_module26_2005_09_21.tar.gz

It seems to work fine with the pci-mxi-2 at least.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(7,232 Views)
If you read this... How did you get 1.6.2 to work with kernel 2.4 ? Mine simply refuses to compile!
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(6,856 Views)