VXI and VME

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

do you have a list of supported external scsi drives for the VXIpc-850

We need more disk space for our VXIpc-850. A FAQ in your knowledge base says to use an external SCSI drive. Where can I find one that will work with the VXIpc-850?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(7,594 Views)

Hi pDub:

If you have a look at page 1-8 of the VXIpc 800 Series User Manual the table states that the device has an external SCSI-2 connection for hard drives.  So any drive you can find with this connection should work.

Regards,

Emilie S.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(7,579 Views)

Thanks, but it's still not clear on which drives will work. Do I have to worry about whether the drive is SCSI-2, SCSI-3, Utra-SCSI? Also, the VXIpc-850 has a non-standard SCSI connector (36-pin). It appears most SCSI connectors are 50-pin or 68-pin. Do you have an adapter cable that can be used for connecting to a SCSI-2 device?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(7,578 Views)

Hi pDub:

National Instruments does not sell andy SCSI drives or adapters.  You will need to find a drive that has a 36-pin SCSI-2 connector unless you can find some sort of adapter for the number of pins.

Regards,

Emilie S.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(7,575 Views)
Pdub,

The connector on the 850 is in actuality not a 36-pin but a 50-pin SCSI-2 connector. This is a misprint in the documentation. Sorry for the inconvenience. I'm sure you'll have better luck finding a 50-pin device :). Additionally, higher-SCSI level drives (SCSI-3, etc.) will usually downgrade to the bus being used. I recommend using a SCSI-2 drive however as it will probably save you a little money.

-Adam
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(7,561 Views)
You're right. I counted the sockets on the connector and it is a 50-pin connection. Thank you very much.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(7,551 Views)