VXI and VME

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VxiPc850 periodically missing VME bus interrupts.

Doesn't always happen, but sometimes it goes into a state where it starts to catch every other interrupt, sometimes missing more than one interrupt at a time. Are there any known issues or conditions for this? Assuming that all previous interrupts are handled before the next interrupt is generated, what could it be?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,324 Views)
From a software standpoint, you will need to make sure that you are polling your queue and correctly capturing the events. A good thing to check first would be to use VISA Interactive Control and check if you can assert and capture an interrupt. This may not be 100% affective because you said that the problem is intermittent, which has me leaning towards a hardware issue.

A bad connection is one logical reason why you are missing interrupts periodically. It could also be that one module is simply not asserting interrupts at all. Swapping hardware and checking for bent pins is always a good place to start looking for those types of issues. There definitely aren�t any known issues with this controller and the problem you are experiencing, so this types of troubl
eshooting is always the best place to start.

Jeremy R.
NI � Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,324 Views)
Seems that they are somehow getting lost from the queue or somehow not making it in the queue. Could there be a timing issue with the VME bus?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,324 Views)
There aren't any known issues with what you are describing, so it could be many things. The 850c controller is definitely an older controller, so speed considerations may be the issue here. If this is a brand new application, then that could very well be the problem and slowing down the programs performance may be the answer. If this app. has worked in the past then you can bet that we are probably looking at some sort of hardware failure or bad software configuration. I have poured through all current and archived documents here and nothing similar comes up. The problem seems isolated, so continued troubleshooting is the best approach here. If I can come up with anything more specific, I will be sure to update this immediately.

Best Regards
Jeremy R.
NI - Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,324 Views)