VXI and VME

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VXIpc-650b BOIS update

I am looking to upgrade my VXIpc-650B from 166 MHz to 233 MHZ. I have the processor. I have another unit that is already 233 MHz and the NI board part numbers are the same 184466C-01. I just need to update the BIOS because the old BIOS wont display the max processor clock speed. It will only show 175 MHz. I checked the NI ftp site, but there was no BIOS update listed for that particular module.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(7,692 Views)
Hello reichenbach:

Thank you for contacting National Instruments. What version BIOS do you have now?
Regards,

Roland A.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments

Check out VI Roadshow
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(7,681 Views)
On boot up, the controller only says: National Instruments VXI/VME-600 Series 5/10/98.
Usually the NI embedded controllers say the BIOS version in this same line on text on boot. However, this unit does not.

If I hit DEL on boot, the AMIBIOS is version 1.05.

Does this help at all?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(7,672 Views)
Hello reichenbach:

Sorry for the delay. There is not a BIOS upgrade for the VXIpc-650b; the same BIOS was used in both versions of the controller. Your controller should work fine even though the speed shown is incorrect.
Regards,

Roland A.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments

Check out VI Roadshow
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(7,640 Views)
Thank you for looking this up for me!

However, I have seen other VXIpc-650b units with larger hard drives and faster processors and they display correctly in BIOS.
There may not be a BIOS update utility, but I do believe that there are different versions of the BIOS.

Thanks again!
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(7,618 Views)
Hello reichenbach:

Do you have the exact same processor as the one on the 233MHz VXIpc-650B?
Regards,

Roland A.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments

Check out VI Roadshow
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(7,584 Views)