cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VXI over GPIB on LV 2009 + Windows 7 Help

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello.  I have no experience with VXI.

I have a client who hired me to code a VXI product that has been marketed as controlled by GPIB (The Chassis contains a GPIB interface).

I was informed late last night that I must use VXI PnP drivers to make this work.  (Long story, and I am not happy about it).

I am coding LV2009 SP1 on Windows 7.

I have installed NI-VISA and NI-VXI.  I can see the GPIB instrument in MAX.  I can even run the SCPI commands via Max and LabVIEW.  (The problem is that they apparently have not implemented the specific GPIB commands that they published).

They provided a VXI-PNP driver and very vague instructions.  I have installed that driver and I imported their .fp file into LabVIEW.  When I run their init code with the correct GPIB resource passed into the function, I get the same error as when I call a non-existent GPIB device- although it takes longer to return.

I looked for VXI tutorials on the NI site, and there is a LOT of stuff to wade through, and I am not even sure that I have all the necessary drivers.

Anyone know a good place to start reading up?

(And yes, I am dogging the instrument people to help me out too)

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(8,010 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jed_Davidow

Hi Jed,

From our conversation with your service request, I wanted to link the documents to this post for assistance with future issues.

Why Doesn't My GPIB-VXI System Show up Properly in MAX?

Getting Started with the GPIB-VXI/C

NI GPIB-VXI/C

Configuring T&M Explorer to Use the GPIB-VXI at a Different GPIB Address?

*NOTE: T&M Explorer is the predecessor to MAX

Regards,

h_baker
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(7,998 Views)

Thank you for the response.  The install info from the vendor was pretty poor.  I ended up getting them on the phone after three days and all I had to do was change the Resource string.  Their documentation had an incorrect example.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(7,995 Views)