VXI and VME

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VXI extender Cables

I have a piece of HP test equipment an E1440A 21MHz fuction generator that fits into a VXI slot. Are there cables available to extend this unit out of the VXI console? This unit fan folds out and needs to be placed flat on a bench and outputs monitored while the adjustments are manually adjusted.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,946 Views)

Hi JT5781,

NI does not offer a cable that extends VXI modules out the VXI chassis. I looked up your device online and can't find reference to its need to be outside of the VXI chassis. If your sure it supposed to be outside the chassis I would contact the device manufacture (Agilent formerly HP) and ask how this is supposed to be done.

If this is a custom setup I wouldn't think you'll have much luck finding a VXI extension, because most (maybe all) VXI modules are designed to work in a VXI chassis. One place you could check is VXI.org.

Thanks

Scott

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(6,931 Views)
This unit needs to be out of the VXI console in ordered for it to be aligned as it fanfolds out and the adjustments are located inside the module on the boards. I found a source for the connectors, I guess I'm just going to have to make the extension cables myself in ordered to align this piece of test equipment. Thanks anyway.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(6,926 Views)