From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VXI and VME

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VXI/MXI-2 card upgrade

i have been told that i have to upgrade my NI VXI/MXI-2 card to a rev F or later if my PC is 450Mhz or faster. Is this correct? How do I find what rev I am at now?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(7,160 Views)
Hello edojim,

Can you let me where you got the idea that a rev F board is required? In doing a cursory search, I cannot find any issues along the lines mentioned above.

Regards,
Jesse
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(7,160 Views)
A sales rep from teradyne. we have a ict tester with a lower rev (I think) vxi/mxi-2 card and want to upgrade the PC. The upgrade they offer changes out the card "for computers operating faster than 450Mhz".
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(7,160 Views)
That's a very strange comment from Teradyne, we probably need to sort out some point of confusion with them. There's no reason why changing your PC should require a different VXI-MXI-2. And the latest revision of the VXI-MXI-2 is rev. E. So you have nothing to worry about, but it sounds like we need to get in touch with Teradyne...

--
Scot Salmon
National Instruments
VXI/PXI Senior Software Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(7,160 Views)
Thanks for the information.
JIm
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(7,160 Views)